A new series of seminars on financial literacy topics will kick off on Sept. 26 at GWSB with a presentation from Gerri Walsh, president of the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, an organization aimed at providing underserved Americans with financial knowledge and skills.
Walsh will speak on the National Financial Capability Study, the first national study of the financial capability of Americans that was done in 2009 and updated last year.
Co-sponsored by the Federal Reserve Board and the Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center at GWSB, the Financial Literacy Seminar Series will take place every other Thursday, throughout the fall, in Duquès 651.
The seminars will run from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., followed by a reception.
Here are the dates and speakers for the fall series:
- Sept. 26: Distinguished Financial Literacy Speaker Gerri Walsh FINRA Investor Education Foundation.
- Oct. 10: Anna Paulson, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Oct. 24: Julie Agnew, College of William and Mary.
- Nov. 7: James Choi, Yale University.
- Nov. 21: William Skimmyhorn, U.S. Military Academy.
- Dec. 5: Richard Valentine Burkhauser, Cornell University.
Posted by gwsb on August 27, 2013 | Filed under: GWSB News.