What: A discussion sponsored by One Earth Future Foundation and GWSB’s Institute for Corporate Responsibility (ICR) on when, why, and how the private sector can contribute to protecting civilians from mass atrocities under the United Nations’ “Responsibility to Protect (R2P)” framework. The event is supported by the United States Institute of Peace, an independent, nonpartisan organization dedicated to preventing and mitigating international conflict without violence.
When: 10 a.m. to noon, Fri., June 7. (Doors open at 9:30 a.m. for coffee and light breakfast.)
Where: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
1779 Massachusetts Avenue
The event is free and open to the public. Reservation are appreciated but not required.
· Eamon Aloyo, research associate at One Earth Future Foundation
· Jonas Claes, program officer, US Institute of Peace
· Raymond Gilpin, dean of the Africa Center for Strategic Studies at National Defense University
· Edward Luck, dean of the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies at the University of San Diego
· Patrick Obath, former chairman of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance
· John Forrer, associate director, Institute for Corporate Responsibility (moderator)
Contact Roberta Spivak at One Earth Future Foundation with questions by phone, 303.533.1707 or by email, email@example.com.