School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Joel Renner

Joel Renner

Joel Renner

Job title:  Manager of Digital Strategy & Career Systems for the F. David Fowler Career Center (FDFCC).

Job duties:  Growing the GWSB and FDFCC brands to further integrate our online presence into the GWSB students’ career path; giving them easier access to the services we provide and better connections to employment opportunities.  I also manage the Center’s online resources:  the website, GWorkSB, and social media presence.

How long have you worked at GW:  Six years at GW; six months at GWSB.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  The creative atmosphere at GWSB is great for generating new ideas.  It keeps me on my toes in current projects and constantly inspires me to think innovatively about my work.

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I design, create and sell jewelry.

Where did you grow up:  North Pole, Alaska.

Family:  My wife, Amy; my dad, Curt; my mom, Margi; and my brother, Kyle, who works at GW’s Elliott School of International Affairs.

Any hobbies?  Cooking, painting and tech stuff (I’m always looking at new gadgets and apps.)

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  Playing and watching soccer, going to wineries and grilling out.

Favorite vacation spots:  Madrid, Spain; Alaska (in the summer, of course.)

A favorite book:  The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

A favorite movie:  The Sting.

A favorite food:  Pizza (so many variations.)

E-mail:   jrenner@gwu.edu

Posted by gwsb on April 23, 2013 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »