GWSB kicked off its spring 2013 Financial Literacy Seminar Series (FLSS) with a presentation from Howell E. Jackson, professor at Harvard Law School.
Jackson offered an overview of his upcoming paper, “Retiree Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending: A Study of Consumer Expectations and Policy Implications,” co-authored with Allison K. Hoffman of UCLA School of Law. The paper is scheduled for publication in the American Journal of Law and Medicine this spring. To read the paper, go here.
Here is a schedule and list of speakers for the rest of the spring series:
- March 21, Jeffery Brown, University of Illinois
- April 4, Sylvester Schieber, former chairman of the Social Security Advisory Board
- April 18, John Friedman, Harvard University
- May 2, Jing Cai, University of Michigan
- May 16, Nick Bourke, The Pew Charitable Trusts
The FLSS is a joint initiative of the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) and GWSB’s Global Center for Financial Literacy directed by Denit Trust Distinguished Scholar of Economics and Accountancy Annamaria Lusardi. Questions about the series can be directed here.
Posted by gwsb on March 12, 2013 | Filed under: GWSB News.