School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Katie Perugini

Katie Perugini

Katie Perugini

Job title:  Alumni Relations Coordinator

Job duties:  I support and promote GWSB alumni events, help track volunteer engagement, and communicate relevant information and opportunities to GWSB alumni and friends.

How long have you worked at GW:  Since December 10, 2012.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  The positive learning and working atmosphere created by my colleagues, and the rich diversity of people and ideas coming from the GW community every day.

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I have an entire drawer dedicated to my tie dye t-shirt collection.

Where did you grow up:  West Wyoming, Pa. – a small borough located between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton.

Family:  I have an awesome younger brother, Nick, who is a sophomore at Temple University. My parents live in Pennsylvania.

Any hobbies?  Repurposing and upcycling old materials and objects, listening to NPR, playing soccer, and keeping up with current events.

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend?  Being outdoors as much as possible, experiencing live music, cheering on the Penn State Nittany Lions and exploring all the D.C. metro area has to offer.

Favorite vacation spots:  Any location I can visit family and friends, see something of historical significance, admire unique architecture, get a bit of strenuous exercise and eat local cuisine. Also, Lake George, N.Y.

A favorite book:  The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

A favorite movie:  It is very difficult for me to choose just one, I love movies. I’ll pick O Brother, Where Art Thou?, or anything directed by the Coen Brothers.

A favorite food:  Sweet potato fries.

E-mail:  kperugini@gwu.edu

Phone:  202-994-3746

Posted by gwsb on February 26, 2013 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »