School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting To Know: Danielle Brandis

Danielle Brandis

Danielle Brandis

Job title:  Executive Aide

Job duties:  Assisting operations within the School of Business.

How long have you worked at GW:  Almost two years.  I started working in the Department of Marketing and recently moved to the Office of the Dean.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  Everyone’s been so nice and friendly.  I’ve enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and love all the opportunities GW has to offer.

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I have an identical twin sister, Victoria.  We were apart for about eight years, so I moved to D.C. to be with her again.

Where did you grow up:  Telford, Pennsylvania – a small suburb of Philadelphia.

Family:  My parents, two sisters, a brother, a brother-in-law, two nieces and a nephew.

Any hobbies?  Singing, exercising, and German

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  Hanging out with friends and checking out new spots in the area.  My favorite places (so far) are Eastern Market and Great Falls.

Favorite vacation spots:  Bavaria, Germany.  I studied for a summer outside of Munich, and fell in love with it.  It’s the most beautiful area.  If it were closer, I’d visit every month.

A favorite book:  The BFG by Roald Dahl.  Not the most sophisticated choice, but it’s a really clever book.

A favorite movie:  That’s a hard one… and probably embarrassing.  If I were honest, I’d say Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.  Deep down, I think everyone loves a Disney movie.

A favorite food:  Wiener schnitzel with spätzle.  Or anything chocolate.

E-mail:  dbrandis@gwu.edu

Phone:  202-994-7697

Posted by gwsb on February 12, 2013 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »