School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Cambria Happ

Cambria Happ

Job Title:  Director, Project Management Program (official title is Administrative Director, Specialized Degree Programs).

Job duties:  I’m responsible for the day-to-day operations, communications, and overall vision for the Master of Science in Project Management program (both on-campus and distance modes).  The scope of my responsibility includes recruiting and advising students; coordinating with faculty on curriculum; managing program accreditation; serving on academic committees and councils; and serving as an advisor to project management student and alumni organizations.

How long have you worked at GW:  Since August 15.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  The campus and the ability to walk everywhere!

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I’m afraid of butterflies.

Where did you grow up:  This is always a tough question for me, given that my parents were active-duty Air Force.  From birth to age 18, I lived in three countries and five states.  New Mexico, though, is the state where I lived the longest:  nine years.

Family:  I’m the lone post on the east coast, as all of my family lives in Montana and California.  In D.C., though, I have a fabulous boyfriend and my cat.

Any hobbies?  Running, which I just got into about two years ago, and collecting postcards from my travels.

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  Running a 5K race or embarking on a culinary adventure at a new restaurant.

Favorite vacation spots:  Greece.

A favorite book:  The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner.

A favorite movieThe Fifth Element.

A favorite food:  Savory:  New Mexico green chile; sweet: any flavor of cupcake from “Sprinkles” bakery.

E-mail:  chapp@gwu.edu

Phone:  202-994-6122

Posted by gwsb on September 11, 2012 | Filed under: GWSB News.

No Comments »