School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting To Know: Andrea Cappello

Andrea Cappello

Job title: Undergraduate Student Experience Advisor.

Job duties:  I will be advising GWSB students, including some who are studying abroad. I’ll also likely assist with co-curricular program planning for GWSB freshman.

How long have you worked at GW:  I started on June 20, 2012.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  Everyone has been so welcoming and helpful during my first few weeks – whether it’s been related to work, or finding an apartment, or pointing out some of the best local food spots.

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  My favorite color is turquoise.

Where did you grow up:  Hackettstown, N.J. (world headquarters for M&M Mars)

Family:  I have one brother, four years younger than me. Both my parents have three siblings, so I have a pretty large, extended family that I enjoy seeing for holidays and other special occasions.

Any hobbies?  I enjoy doing anything outdoors: hiking, kayaking, camping, snowboarding or hanging out at the beach.

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  I’m really looking forward to exploring everything the D.C. area has to offer. My goal is to check out one new museum, event, attraction, or location in the area every weekend.

Favorite vacation spots:  Anywhere new! I love to travel whether it’s in the United States or to a different country. There are too many beautiful places in the world to visit the same location twice.

A favorite book: A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.

A favorite movie: Life is Beautiful.

A favorite food: Mexican or Thai.

E-mail: acappello@gwu.edu

Phone:  (202) 994-7027

Posted by gwsb on July 17, 2012 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »