School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting To Know: Matt Kolokoff

Matt Kolokoff

Job Title:  Marketing and Communications Intern.

Job Duties:  I assist with the School’s creative marketing efforts and will be filming and editing a series of videos about some new initiatives, including Dean Guthrie’s Creative Leadership Initiative and the school’s partnership with the D.C. mayor’s office.

How long have you worked at GW:  I just started my second week as an intern, but I finished my first year as an MBA student in May.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  I love the idea that I’m helping to promote my School while getting on-the-job training. GWSB has several excellent new programs and initiatives in the works that will be outstanding in terms of quality.  They are really at the cutting-edge of the way schools approach and deliver business education. The fact that my class (2013) will be the first to experience and benefit from these programs just makes it that much better.

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I received my undergraduate degree in film and video production and spent the last eight years as a researcher for CBS – working on shows like Numb3rs, NCIS and Without A Trace.

Where did you grow up:  Miami, Fla.

Family:  I’m the middle of three kids. My older brother is an assistant district attorney for the state of Florida, and my sister is director of communications for a lobbying firm here in D.C.

Any hobbies?  I’m currently taking sailing lessons and hope to have my captain’s license by the end of the summer.  I also kayak and scuba dive.

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  Sleeping late on Sunday, catching movies (even the bad ones), and grabbing a beer or dinner with friends. I also like to hike the national parks in D.C. and Virginia when it’s not 105 degrees outside – like today!

Favorite vacation spots:  Key West is my pick for a short trip, but if I have more time, I like to bum around France and amuse/anger the locals with my unbelievably bad French language skills.

A favorite book:  Dune by Frank Herbert.

A favorite movie:  Amelie.

A favorite food:  Hotdogs – with mustard and kraut, please.

E-mail:  mkolokoff@gmail.com

Phone:  323-972-5145

Posted by gwsb on July 3, 2012 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »