School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting To Know: Eric Miller

Eric Miller

Job title:  Associate Director of Development.

Job duties:  I identify, cultivate and steward major gift donors for the School of Business.  I connect alumni, parents and supporters to opportunities at GWSB and help them develop a strong association with our students and our mission.

How long have you worked at GW:  Four weeks.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  By far, the collaborative atmosphere.  And everyone loves to meet over coffee!

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I was a trombonist on the three-time Pennsylvania state champion jazz ensemble at Bensalem High School.

Where did you grow up:  Bensalem, Pennsylvania – right outside of Philadelphia, where Ben Franklin tested his kite to discover electricity.

Family:  I am getting married on July 1.  My fiancée and I live in Germantown, Md.  My parents still live in Pennsylvania, and my older brother – a GW undergrad and School of Medicine alumnus – lives in Brooklyn.

Any hobbies? I enjoy running the occasional half-marathon, growing vegetables, trying to figure out how to keep rabbits from eating my vegetables, and reading real books (not those on electronic devices).

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  Sleeping in, cooking big dinners, spending time with family and friends, and watching golf on lazy Sunday afternoons.

Favorite vacation spots:  Long Beach Island, Vancouver, and Chicago.

A favorite book:  Atlas Shrugged.  I’m reading 1Q84 now — and it may be on my “Top 5” list by the time I finish it.

A favorite movie:  Pan’s Labyrinth.

A favorite food:  It has to be spicy; probably a Thai curry dish.  But I’ve got to admit, Buffalo wings are my guilty pleasure.

E-mail:  eric_miller@gwu.edu

Phone:  202-994-1989

Posted by gwsb on June 19, 2012 | Filed under: GWSB News.

No Comments »