School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Christine Patton

Name:  Christine Patton

Job title:  Executive Director of Creative Services

Job duties:  Leading the creative direction of the business school’s marketing collateral.

How long have you worked at GW:  I am finishing my second week.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  The people, the business school’s vision for the future and the long list of interesting projects.

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I am a classically trained cellist and also played and sang in an Irish band for 10 years.  I can also recite the 50 states in alphabetical order in 20 seconds.

Where did you grow up:  Cincinnati, Ohio; Ann Arbor and Holland, Mich.; and West Hartford, Conn.

Family:  I have an incredibly close, but small, immediate family (father, mother, sister) and a huge extended family that includes 30 aunts and uncles and too many cousins to keep track of.  As for my own “offspring,” I have a three-year-old cockapoo (not to be confused with a cockatoo) named Thomas.

Any hobbies?:  Right now, I am working on getting my cello chops back into shape.  I also love creative projects of any kind – painting, collage, design – and learning new technologies.

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  Many things!  Seeing live music (classical, indie, and folk music are my favorites), spending time with friends and family, taking spontaneous trips, riding my bike and going to the gym, playing fetch with my dog in the dog park, reading, and going to museums and galleries I’ve never been to before.

Favorite vacation spots:  I love to scuba dive, so places with beautiful reefs are high on my list – Port Douglas in Queensland, Australia, and Ambergris Caye in Belize.  I am also crazy about Spain, Ireland and Lucca in Italy.  But there are so many places left to see…

A favorite book:  The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

A favorite movie:  Once and Out of Africa.  It is a tie.

A favorite food: Salmon (healthy) and ice cream (not-so-healthy).

E-mail:  patton@gwu.edu

Phone:  (202) 994-7870

Posted by gwsb on May 15, 2012 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »