School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Sara Smith

Job title:  Employer Relations Assistant in the F. David Fowler Career Center.

Job duties:  Overseeing on-campus recruiting days and employer information sessions and coordinating Center events, including the Spring 2012 Networking + Speaker Series.

How long have you worked at GW:  Only a couple of months; I started in January 2012.

What’s best, so far, about working here:  To start, there’s something so vibrant and invigorating about a university campus:  I love the frequent reminders of our students’ successes and their curiosity and steadfast ambition.  Plus, the entire Center team is incredibly hard-working and dedicated to student success.

What’s something your co-workers do not know about you:  I was a total high school theater geek and sang in a college a cappella group.

Where did you grow up:  Denver, Colorado.  I’m a Rocky Mountain girl at heart.

Family:  My lovely parents are still holding down the fort in Colorado, and my older sister Allison is a playwright in London. My twin sister, Betsy Smith, is a GWSB alum and former executive coordinator in Undergraduate Programs who is currently working at LivingSocial.  She’s the absolute best!

Any hobbies?  I enjoy photography and graphic-design projects, thrift shopping, playing the ukulele and “Smithster” lifestyle blogging.

What do you enjoy doing on the weekend:  I believe in always “living like a tourist” and DC is the perfect city to rediscover every weekend.  I love to support the local theatre scene, explore museums and visit restaurants in new neighborhoods.

Favorite vacation spots:  I’m quite the wander-luster.  From cross-country road trips, to studying in Europe, to volunteering in Africa, I’m definitely not a homebody.  Most recently, I felt fortunate to spend a year abroad working and traveling around Australia and Thailand.

A favorite book:  Zeitoun by Dave Eggers.

A favorite movie:  The Princess Bride.

A favorite food:  Any type of doughnut; I have the biggest sweet tooth.

Sara Smith

E-mail:  sarasmith@gwu.edu

Phone:  202-994-5936

Posted by gwsb on April 17, 2012 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »