School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting To Know: Annessa Kaufman

Name:  Annessa Kaufman

Job Title:  Research Assistant, International Institute of Tourism Studies

Job Duties: Researching tourism-related studies and assisting in the management of the Event and Destination Management Certificate programs.

Time at GW:  5 months

Best Part of Working at GWSB:  Meeting and working with such an interesting and diverse group of people. Also — tuition benefits! I just started my Masters of Tourism Administration in Sustainable Destination Management.

What Co-workers Do Not Know About Me:  Well, most of my co-workers already know, but I am scuba diving instructor and I’ve worked in Honduras, Thailand and Indonesia.

Family:  As a DC native I’m very lucky to have my family nearby, my parents, my brother and the best dog in the world — Nutmeg, our soft-coated, wheaten terrier.

Favorite Things To Do on the Weekend:  Sleep! Usually I’ll be sitting in a cafe catching up on my homework, but I also love to cook. Now, with the fall weather, I’m all about soups and roasting veggies from the farmer’s market.

Favorite Vacation Spots:  Prague holds a special place in my heart as I studied abroad there. As a diver, I have to say that Indonesia absolutely blew me away and I can’t wait to go back.

Favorite Book:  Too many to choose — I’m almost finished with “Super Sad True Love Story” by Gary Shteyngart, which I highly recommend.

E-mail:  annessa@gwu.edu

Phone:  202-994-0254

Annessa Kaufman

Posted by gwsb on November 22, 2011 | Filed under: GWSB News.

No Comments »