School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Heather Berry

Name:  Heather Berry

Job title:  Associate Professor of International Business

Job duties:  Teaching and research

Time at GW:  One month

Best part of working at GWSB:  The International Business Department is quite impressive in its diversity of teaching and research interests – this is one of the few universities that really emphasizes the global aspects of business.  It is great to have such a variety of colleagues within one department.

What co-workers do not know about me:  Though I pursued my undergraduate and graduate degrees in several different locations (including Montreal, Canada; Edinburgh, Scotland and Los Angeles), I am actually a D.C. area local.  I grew up in Rockville, Md., and attended Richard Montgomery High School.  I also worked on Capitol Hill doing policy work before pursuing my PhD.

Family:  My husband and I have three kids – one daughter and two sons.

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Our weekends have been completely overtaken by team sports.  My daughter plays softball, my boys both play baseball and we are constantly driving to practices and games (that often conflict in location and time).

Favorite vacation spots:  I love to travel and don’t often go back to the same vacation spot.  Some of my favorite vacations include:  Chamonix, St. Croix, Carmel (Calif.), Prague, Beijing, London and the Big Island of Hawaii.

Favorite book:  It is hard to name one book as I love all types of books; as long as I can become engaged in the story and characters, I would include a book on my list of favorites.  I am currently rereading One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and happily captured by the magical realism of the Buendia Family in the town of Macondo.

E-mail: berryh@gwu.edu

Phone: x48498

Posted by gwsb on October 11, 2011 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »