School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Erika Baty

Name:  Erika Baty

Job title:  Project Coordinator

Job duties: I am the project coordinator for the Growth Dialogue, a network driven by a passion to see economic growth extended to as many places on the planet as possible, since without growth, it is hard to imagine sustainable development and improvements in people’s lives.  The Growth Dialogue seeks to connect high-level policymakers and thought leaders with those whose policy decisions can benefit from practical experience and the latest work on economic growth.

Time at GW:  Three weeks

Best part of working at GWSB:  The opportunity to learn and be aware of community events and the University’s culture.

What co-workers do not know about me:  I lived in Asia for three years and moved directly from China to D.C. about a year ago.

Family:  Just me.

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Riding my vintage ’74 Schwinn to farmers markets, tapping my foot/moon-walking to some good music and signing up for art and cooking classes.

Favorite vacation spots:  Anywhere with extreme cultural diversity (Hong Kong is one of my favorite places).

Favorite book:  Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant by Jenni Ferrari-Adler (editor).

E-mail: batyed@gwu.edu

Phone: x46949

Posted by gwsb on September 27, 2011 | Filed under: Getting to Know,GWSB News.

No Comments »