School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Emily Kliever

Name: Emily Kliever

Job title: MBA Admissions Coordinator

Job duties: I communicate with prospective MBA students from the time they first inquire through the application and enrollment process.  I compile all the parts of the application and pass each file on to the admissions committee.  I also draft mass emails to our prospects, post admissions events to external calendars and edit the content of the admissions webpage.

Time at GW: At GWSB since February 2010. I also worked at the Elliott School from September 2008 to August 2009.

Best part of working at GWSB: I genuinely enjoy my coworkers on the admissions team.  We work hard and have made some big accomplishments.

What co-workers do not know about me: I was homeschooled for three years.  I went back to school in 8th grade because I missed being around my peers.

Family: My parents, four siblings, and 8-year-old nephew all live in Cleveland, as does my fiance’s family.  My family just came to visit from Ohio for commencement (I got my master’s).

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Volunteer with Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation, read novels and magazines at home, take short trips to places like Philly and Charlottesville

Favorite vacation spots: Ireland.  I studied in England for a year in college and got to explore Ireland for two weeks. The countryside is beautiful.

Favorite book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

Email: ekliever@gwu.edu

Phone: 4-1995

Posted by gwsb on May 18, 2011 | Filed under: Getting to Know.

No Comments »