School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Ayman El Tarabishy

Name: Ayman El Tarabishy

Job title: Research professor and Executive Director for International Council for Small Buinsess (ICSB).

Job duties: Teaching the undergraduate leadership class, the graduate AMBA entrepreneurship class, and  the online healthcare MBA entrepreneurship courses.  I also manage the global operations of ICSB, located in the Department of Management in GWSB.

Time at GW: I have been here since 2007 as executive director for the ICSB and research professor.

Best part of working at GWSB: Research, teaching and global development to support entrepreneurship and SME development.

What co-workers do not know about me: I am now the leading scorer of my Sunday Washington Mall soccer team.

Family: Six month-old twins (two boys) and my lovely wife working at the International Finance Corp. in the area of corporate governance (we met at GW)!

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Play soccer, avoid house chores and read many papers and business magazines.

Favorite vacation spots: Anywhere where there are beaches, nice restaurants and the company of my family and close friends.

Favorite book: Old Yeller by Fred Gibson

Email: ayman@gwu.edu

Phone: 202-468-3133

Posted by gwsb on March 8, 2011 | Filed under: Getting to Know.

No Comments »