School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Stuart Levy

Name: Stuart Levy

Job title:
Assistant professor of tourism studies

Job duties:
Research (currently examining corporate social responsibility in the lodging industry), teaching (hospitality marketing and management courses to our undergraduate and graduate students), and service (serving on various school and university committees, advising MTA students who are concentrating in hospitality management).

Time at GW:
Nearly four years, and loving it.

Best part of working at GWSB:
Helping students discover and pursue their passion within the world of tourism and hospitality management.

What co-workers do not know about me:
I was voted the funniest student in my MBA program at Georgetown University.  Perhaps it was due to my performance during our Annual Report (similar to the GWSB Follies) – ask me about it.

Family:
My parents are snowbirds who divide their time between south Florida and New Jersey; my brother and his family, which include the two cutest nieces in the world, live in Atlanta.

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Hiking in the Shenandoah, kayaking on the Potomac, biking to Mount Vernon, playing tennis … almost anything involved with the outdoors.

Favorite vacation spots: Malaysian, Borneo; the Canadian Rockies, and Costa Rica, where I lived for six months learning Spanish.

Favorite book: Acts of Faith: The Story of an American Muslim, the Struggle for the Soul of a Generation.

Email:
slevy@gwu.edu

Phone:
202-994-1706

Posted by gwsb on February 22, 2011 | Filed under: Getting to Know.

No Comments »