School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

1 Comment »

1. Good Morning Dean Guthrie,
    I just wanted to say that the video regarding the opportunity for luxury brands in China have really given me insight on effective perspectives of approach for not only China, but other emerging markets as well. I am currently a freshman in the business school, and am working to bring some luxury brands from here to my home country of Thailand, and eventually possibly expanding these ventures into the Indian and Phillipino markets as well. Although these brands are not tech-related and are in the consumer goods market sectors, I feel that the institutional factor that you mentioned as well as rapidly growing financial and hospitality service sectors seems to have contributed to higher income and consequently higher demand. I hope to take greater notice of institutional, and cultural aspects with regard to the development of this venture.
    Thank you

Comment by Akshay Gandhi — May 2, 2011 @ 5:49 am