School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Ben Simmons

Name: Ben Simmons

Job title: Executive Assistant, School Alumni Programs

Job duties: Supporting the creation of innovative programs, events and marketing that will encourage alumni from the School of Business to build connections with each other and the School.

Time at GW: Five weeks.

Best part of working at GWSB: Meeting my colleagues who have been very welcoming and great to work with, and bringing students, alumni, faculty and staff together to fulfill the mission of the GWSB.

What co-workers do not know about me: My family owns farmland in southeastern Virginia, where my Dad is from.

Family: My Mom, who is a nurse practitioner and my Dad, who is district manager for an agriculture company, live in Easton, Md., with our 12-year-old black lab, Benson. My two sisters are a lawyer and a CPA in the D.C. area. I have one niece, Grace, who is almost 6 months old.

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Cheer on Penn State and the Steelers; play guitar and listen to music; explore the DC area trails on my bike and improve my amateur photography skills.

Favorite vacation spots: The Outer Banks in North Carolina and skiing in Utah.

Favorite book: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Email: simmonsb@gwu.edu

Phone: 4-3497

Posted by gwsb on December 27, 2010 | Filed under: Getting to Know.

No Comments »