School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Robert Valero

Job title: Executive Director, Center for Real Estate and Urban Analysis

Job duties: Marketing and branding the Center to alumni, the media and the greater real estate community in D.C. and nationally; developing programs to showcase the research being conducted by faculty; enhancing curriculum and working to assist students in networking and finding internships and employment opportunities.

Time at GW: I have been on the Center’s Advisory Board since 2007, and began as Director in November 2010.

Best part of working at GWSB: Returning to my alma mater to help build GWSB’s real estate program is a dream job; I also really enjoy getting to know the students and helping them on their career paths.

What co-workers do not know about me: I have sung at both the Kennedy Center and Carnegie Hall as a member of the Washington Chorus.

Family: Single

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Spinning classes on Saturday and dinner with friends always makes for a great weekend.

Favorite vacation spots: London, Montreal, Maui and taking cruises with good friends.

Favorite book: “Modern Times,” by Paul Johnson. I mostly read history books and this is still the definitive book of 20th century history.

Posted by gwsb on December 7, 2010 | Filed under: Getting to Know.

No Comments »