School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

U.S.-China Relations

Dean Doug Guthrie speaks on U.S.-China relations and current economic debates as part of the G2@GW conference on China’s Economic Development and U.S.-China Economic Relations.

Posted by gwsb on December 2, 2010 | Filed under: Dean,Video.

3 Comments »

1. Dean Doug Guthrie has a point of what he is saying. I love the way he talk and some times include joke in his discussion. But I would like to suggest something regarding the video, it would be better that the screen on the left side of Gutherie could also be seen by the viewer for more understanding of what Gutherie was saying.

Comment by The China Business Guide — December 3, 2010 @ 11:13 am
  2. It is a very interesting speech. I grew up in China, and listening to Western scholars talk about China always shut me up: they don’t know what they are talking about; while they all think they know. But Doug is different. He made me question if I know enough of China or if I know the right things of China. He really drills deep down and touches some essential issues. I am graduating from GW MBA program and I am happy to see the B-school is led by a truly insightful dean. No matter how much he is able to achieve in the next five years: it is encouraging to see GW recognize this great mind! I will consider joining the China tour if GW offer to go to Suzhou and Chengdu. :)

Comment by Margaret Wang — December 20, 2010 @ 12:33 am
  3. Dean Guthrie, you give a good talk, and I actually agree with some of the things you mention. But, your facts on Chinese institutions and their successes are wrong. I suggest you read the work of a true China scholar, Yasheng Huang — “Capitalism with Chinese Characteristics”.

Comment by China watcher — February 21, 2011 @ 1:34 am