School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Mariya Isayeva

Name: Mariya Isayeva

Job title: Executive Coordinator, Strategic Management and Public Policy

Job duties: I manage events and marketing for the department and its two institutes: the Institute for Sustainability and the Institute for Corporate Responsibility. Several times a year, I help organize MBA case competitions on related topics, as well as university seminars, book signings and networking receptions to connect the Strategic Management and Public Policy team with other departments at GWSB and GW schools.

Time at GW: I am an alumna of GWSB, so my total time here is almost 5 years including my undergraduate studies. I have been working at GWSB since February of 2010.

Best part of working at GWSB: Being back on campus (especially in this gorgeous building!) is a lot of fun. I like interacting with students as well as faculty and staff through events that I organize. Strolling around Kogan Plaza brings back memories, and there’s always something happening there to spark my curiosity. It’s also great to have a GWorld again to swipe at Starbucks!

What co-workers do not know about me: I moved to the United States from Chelyabinsk, Russia when I was 5, and I love the diversity here. Since then, I have traveled all over the world, collecting one country per year. I wonder where I’ll get to visit in 2011!

Family: I am very close to my mom, being an only child. We are the best of friends.

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Aside from sleeping in, I like to cook and spend time outdoors with family and friends. Arts and culture are a big part of my life as well. We are so lucky to have many entertainment options in the D.C. area.

Favorite vacation spots: The Mediterranean sea, either on the French Riviera or Italian coast. The first time I saw it, I was mesmerized by the pure blue color. The water is soft and warm, and the beaches are full of international crowds with exciting stories to share.

Favorite book: My favorite book has always been and always will be “Le Petit Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Email:
mariyai@gwmail.gwu.edu

Phone: 202-994-3452

Posted by gwsb on October 12, 2010 | Filed under: Getting to Know.

No Comments »