School of Business

rss twitter LinkedIn Facebook YouTube Blogs

Getting to Know: Jorge Walter

Name: Jorge Walter

Job title: Assistant Professor of Strategic Management and Public Policy

Job duties: Research (on strategic decision making, knowledge/technology transfer, social networks, and social capital); teaching (courses on strategic management at the undegraduate, MBA, and doctoral levels), and service (both to the school and to professional organizations).

Time at GW: Since August 2010.

Best part of working at GWSB: Being a new faculty member at GWSB means not only being at the center of everything this university and city have to offer, for my family and me it also means coming home to my wife’s native Northeast after four years out on the West Coast.

What co-workers do not know about me: In my late teens, I competed in ballroom dancing.

Family: Married since 2005 to my wife Erin; one 3-year-old daughter Sophia; a second child on the way. Our extended families live in Philadelphia and in Munich, Germany.

Favorite things to do on the weekend: Sports and spending time with my family.

Favorite vacation spots: The Amalfi and Positano coastline in Italy; Aruba.

Favorite books (Literature): Honoré de Balzac, Lost Illusions; Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist; Bret Easton Ellis, The Rules of Attraction; Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet; Benjamin von Stuckrad-Barre, Soloalbum. (Science): Duncan J. Watts, Six Degrees: The Science of a Connected Age.

Email: jorgew@gwu.edu

Phone: (202) 994–7908

Posted by gwsb on October 8, 2010 | Filed under: Getting to Know.

No Comments »